Friday, July 29, 2011

let's review

hummm... where to begin..
I had a baby
We named him Lewis
He's now on the verge of crawling
wow.. How did that happen!
days last so long but weeks fly bye

Lewis Brian Levin. Named after the author C.S Lewis. We decided to give our boys names after men who walked after God. Growing up I looked at Christianity as feminine. Most Christians I was around were girls and any men were pretty much faking it to please their wives. Josh also had no male role models when he was young. So we wanted our boys to each have some one that in an example of walking the faith, though it is hard continuing in the ways of God. Not that they will look to them as the highest example or just model their lives after them but we pray that they will be encouraged by these men.


Cooper is named after my uncle Dale Cooper who has been a rock in our family. He took josh into his family and ministried to him. He has a heart that loves God and he continually leads his family. Cooper's middle name is Blake because that is his daddy's middle name
Josh read C.S Lewis' autobiography and was really blessed by it. C.S Lewis has impacted many men that are very instumental in the faith. I read the Chronicles of Narnia to my brother while I lived at home. It was a special time for all of us and really encouraged my faith and gave me a deeper love for the gospel. Lewis' middle name is Brian because that is Josh's dad's middle name and also my dad's favorite name (it would of been my name if I was a boy)



So that's the story of the names...

and here is my beautiful baby--- 4months old

No comments:

Post a Comment